Why would I use Mailsac?¶
Any time you need a temporary email address, just make one firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to test your email system, send it to mailsac.com - even for a custom domain.
- if you need an email address, but do not want to receive spam in your personal inbox
- use it for sign ups on web sites that force you to login
- give it out to strangers
- use it to collaborate for projects
- send mail to Mailsac for testing purposes
- use it when you (legally) want to receive email without disclosing your identity
- it is perfect if you want an email address or multiple addresses and do not want to sign up for them
- comment on blogs without creating an account
- as a developer, to test that your application is sending email
Why weren’t my messages received?¶
There are many reasons messages may not be received by Mailsac. The Missing Mail document in our help section provides detailed explanations of why messages are not received.
- The sender blocks traffic to disposable email providers like Mailsac. This is common with email signups or email verifications. People running websites do not want a bunch of spam accounts.
- Large message size. Mailsac only supports messages up to about 2 MB.
- Throttling. Non-paying customers can be throttled for sending too much. We are happy to lift this for paying customers. Usually, it is easiest for us to lift it on your Verified Domain.
In all cases, if you contact support, we can help you work around these problems. Either by hosting your own instance of Mailsac, contacting us for help, or moving you to a separate inbound or outbound IP.
Can I use Mailsac for testing purposes?¶
We love to hear from developers that use Mailsac - contact us anytime.
If you expect to send more than a few messages per minute, you might get throttled. Contact us about reducing throttling, or setup a Verified Domain, or buy an API key.
How long is email saved?¶
Email messages are saved for somewhere between three days and 1 week or more, sometimes less. No guarantees!
If you are logged in and star a message, it will not be recycled until you unstar it. Or if you have made it private, messages will be kept up to your storage limit.
Can other people see messages that I starred?¶
Nope. Only you can see them when you are logged in.